Kim Tae-hyung (born on December 30, 1995), better known by the stage name V, is a South Korean singer, songwriter and actor. He is a member of the South Korean boy group BTS.
Early Life – Career:
- 1995 – 2012 = Early Life:
Kim Tae-hyung was born in Daegu, South Korea. His family consists of his parents, an younger brother and a younger sister. After graduating from Korean Arts High School in 2014, V enrolled at Global Cyber University.
2. 2013 – 2015 = Activities with BTS:
On June 13, 2013, V made his debut as a member of BTS on Mnet’s ”M Countdown” with the track “No More Dream” from their debut single album, ”2 Cool 4 Skool”. V was first credited for music composition in ”The Most Beautiful Moment in Life, Part 1” when he co-wrote and co-produced the song “Hold Me Tight“. He also contributed to writing lyrics for the song “Fun Boyz“, co-composed by fellow member Suga. For the song “Run“, V’s melody was used with Jungkook’s original lyrics for the next album ”The Most Beautiful Moment in Life, Part 2”. He then did the same for a solo single called “Stigma” from the album ”Wings”, which charted at 26 on the Gaon Music Chart and 10 on the Billboard World Digital Singles Chart. V has also released, unofficially, a cover of “Hug Me” with fellow BTS bandmate, J-Hope, as well as a cover of “Someone Like You” by Adele.
3. 2016 – Present = Solo Activities:
In 2016, V made his acting debut with a supporting role in KBS2’s historical drama ”Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth”. He also collaborated with fellow BTS member Jin for the Hwarang‘s soundtrack entitled “Even If I Die, It’s You“. On June 8, 2017, he released the self-produced song “4 o’clock” which features fellow BTS member Rap Monter, to celebrate BTS’ fourth anniversary.
Relationships – Rumours:
- Red Velvet’s Joy:
In 2016, V was rumoured to be dating Red Velvet’s lead vocalist and rapper Joy. The rumour was sparked when it’s that V tried to catch Joy’s attention and start and conversation with her.
However, nobody has confirmed those rumours and both Red Velvet’s and BTS’s fans seem to be confused about whether the rumors are true or false.
2. A fan called ”HI”:
Many fans believed that V was secretly dating a fan named ”HI”. The fans got more suspicious when V started mentioning ”HI noona” in some of his interviews.
However the rumour was soon denied and BigHit Entertainment revealed that V was in touch with many people from his fandom.
In the end, many fans believed that ”HI” did this on purpose to draw attention and cause anxiety to the idol.
Quick Profile of V:
- Position: Vocalist, Visual
- Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
- Chinese Zodiac Sign: Pig
- Nationality: Korean
- Height: 179 cm
- Weight: 62 kg
- Blood Type: AB
- Hobbies: Searching for music songs that nobody listens to, spend time on surfing the net
- Personality: 4D, cheerful, childish-immature, innocent, weird
- Motto: ‘Let’s live coolly to the maximum’
- Skills: Saxophone and Japanese
- Nicknames: ‘TaeTae’, ‘Blank Tae’, ‘CGV’ (=Computer Games’ Visuals)
V’s Favourite Things:
- Colour: Grey
- Number: 10
- Items: Computer, Clothes, Shoes, Accessories
- Artist: Eric Bannet
- Food: Japchae and any type of meat
Facts about V:
- It is said that when his teaser image was released, 5 fan clubs were created
- Nobody knew him as a member of BTS until his debut day
- He has one single eyelid and one double eyelid
- He has a driving license
- V can also dance on high heels
- He is the pickiest member when it comes to food
- V’s role model is his dad. He wants to become a father who cares about his children, listens to what they want to say and encourage their future plans, like his father did
- He revealed that he wants 3 children but if he has enough time he would really like to have 5
- He shares the same hobbies with Jin
- When V has a problem he will tell it to Jimin and Jin, but he prefers Jimin since they have the same age
- His best friend is Jimin
- He is also friends with actor Park Bogum, BTOB’s Sungjae, GOT7’s Mark, SHINee’s Minho and EXO’s Baekhyun
- Fans believe that V, Daehyun (B.A.P) and Baekhyun (EXO) look alike
- V is the mood-maker of the group, along with J-Hope
- He loves Gucci
- The first music album he got was from Girl’s Generation
- Lately he seems to enjoying photography
- According to Yahoo’s poll in Taiwan, V is the most popular BTS member in Taiwan
- In the dorm, he is in charge of the washing machine
- He shares the same birthdate with K.Will, so in 2013 he was surprised by K.Will’s appearance in BTS’s back room. K.Will even came to V and told him to blow their cake’s candles together
- V likes amusement parks
- He revealed that he can easily climb a tree but he has trouble coming down
- V is ambidextrous
- He revealed that he comes from a poor family of farmers and that he often takes pictures of the family’s farm. He also said that if he wasn’t an idol he would probably become a farmer
- If he had a day-off he would like to spend it with his parents
- For him the 3 requirements for happiness are family, health and honour
- In 2017, V got a black puppy (Pomeranian) and named it Yeon-tan
- In 2017, he was ranked as the most handsome dace in Korea
- In the old dorm, he used to share a room with Rap Monster but in the new dorm he has his own room
V’s Ideal Date:
Spend the day at the amusement park or even take a walk at the park. He revealed that he wants to hold hands with his girlfriend and go on cute dates together.
V’s Ideal Type of Girl:
A girl who takes good care of him an gas a lot of aegyo.